On being tagged, awarded and tagging some more…
Oh, my friends, it has been a BIG week. Big in real life and online too.
In real life I’ve shopped for my secret santa, ready to be posted overseas today. I’ve travelled to Sydney for work, bought and taken back potential gifts for my family and received word that our land has finally been registered, paving the way for us to commence our build.
It’s going to be a big weekend too. Today I’m attending the kids’ christmas pageant and fete at school, tomorrow we’re heading to the races for a work function before taking the kids to our local Carols by Candlelight and on Sunday we’re going to get our Santa photo done.
I’m quite frankly exhausted just reading that!
Online, I’ve been tagged and awarded and asked to pass on the tag and the award to other bloggers too.
I was given my first ever blog award by the lovely Becc at Take Charge Now, who awarded myself and 9 other bloggers with the Sunshine Award for positive and inspiring blogging:
The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers. The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”. The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them. Answer questions about yourself. Select 10 of your favourite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!
So thank you Becc for my first blogging award and here’s my answers to the following questions…
1. Favourite Time of the Year?
Spring – I love the promise of spring, the growing warmth (without the sticky heat) and the blooms and the anticipation of summer!
2. Favourite Festive movie?
Love Actually – it is funny, romantic, sweet and tender – and it has Colin Firth and Hugh Grant!!!
3. What is your Passion?
I’m quite passionate about blogging and advocating for children with special needs.
4. Favourite Colour?
I have to say red – I’m eyeing off red appliances to go in my new white kitchen as we speak!
5. Favourite time of the Day?
First thing in the morning – I try to go for a walk most days at 6am and it is such an inspiring time to be out and about.
6. Favourite Flower?
Tiger lillies – they were in my wedding bouquet and I have always loved them.
7. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Beverage?
Tea (English Breakfast is my brew of choice)
8. Favourite Physical Activity?
I love walking but I’m missing competitive tennis after a year’s break.
9. Favourite Vacation?
My honeymoon to Paris and London – I would love to go back one day!
Here are 10 bloggers who, to me, inspire and light up the blogosphere everyday:
Now, to those bloggers listed, I would love you to take part and share the love but it is completely up to you.
To my readers, if you haven’t discovered these bloggers yet, you should really take the time to check them out!
I get to share the 5 ultimate things I would love for Christmas and then tag 5 others to share their wishlists too.
Are you ready?
1. I would love to go to every tennis grand slam tournament – Melbourne, Paris, London and New York. Apart from enjoying the tennis, I would love to indulge in sightseeing and, if money was no object, the shopping too!
2. I would love a MacBook Pro. My Acer laptop is adequate but Delilah has been having fun taking off all my keys when I’m not looking. I am now missing the ‘H’ key and have a sticky ‘5’ key too. You can’t blame me for lusting after the light-up, intact keyboard that would come with a Mac…
3. I would love to not have to work. Spending my days at home and being there for the kids whenever they needed me and not having to divide my time everywhere would be heaven. My christmas wish would be complete if my husband could do the same. That would be awesome!
4. I would love a new car. We currently squeeze 3 kids into the back of a 10 year old Holden Commodore. I dream of a bigger car like a Territory, a Kluger or a Mazda 9, where the kids can be separated if required and we could take everything we needed on our rare family holidays. Doesn’t it look good?
5. Finally, I just want my kids to be happy all their lives. Is that really too much to ask for, Santa?
So, now you know what’s on my ultimate Christmas list, what’s on yours?
And more importantly, what’s on the lists of the following bloggers (who are all now officially tagged!)
Apologies to those who may have already been tagged by others – I’m honestly struggling to keep up with everything this week!
Make sure you check out all the bloggers listed and have a fabulous weekend!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.