Secret Santa Business
It’s beginning to look a lot like christmas, isn’t it?
I know we are more than halfway through November but I have still been blissfully going about my business not really noticing that the silly season is quite literally upon us.
Over the weekend I ducked into the shops and there was Santa (or one of his helpers, as my son pointed out) as Santa cannot be everywhere at once – I love my son’s innocence mixed with logic!
And I suddenly realised how close we are now.
The other reminder I have received is the name of my assigned partner for the Social Media Secret Santa organised by the amazing Chantelle from Fat Mum Slim.
I took part last year and it was lovely to buy for someone else and receive something wonderful too.
I thought I would try to make it easier on my secret santa this year and give them an idea of who I am and what I like, on the off-chance that they may actually be reading the blog!
I did a similar post last year, more directed to my husband, than anyone else – to him, that list pretty much still stands (except I am desiring Season 4 of Castle this year), okay?
Alright. Here goes.
- Not very culinary or arty or crafty. I am a hopeless photographer and logic trumps creativity in my being. That doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate pretty things, that just means that I don’t make them or seek them out much for myself.
- Busy. I work 4 days a week and have 3 kids so I rarely have a free moment. What time I have is spent cleaning, organising and maybe, if I’m lucky, blogging.
- Positive. I do try to have a positive outlook on things so I tend to prefer comedies over dramas, upbeat pop over emo tunes and happy endings over tear-jerkers.
- Romantic. I love escaping reality and embracing romance, particularly historical romance (Regency period to be precise). I heart Jane Austen especially.
- Stationary and notepads and pretty things. Typo is one of my favourite shops and it always seems to have things in there that I never thought I needed prior to walking in the door…
- Tea and hot chocolate. I am not a coffee person at all. I also wouldn’t complain if some shortbread or chocolates or other treats came my way. Not good for the diet but oh so good for the soul.
- Jewellery. I rarely get the real stuff, I’m more than happy to have some funky pieces that I can wear out and about. Accessories are not my forte but I want to start taking more care of my appearance.
- Scarves. I really want to learn how to casually wear them as I love the look of them on other people but not sure how to wear them on me. I guess that’s why I’m not a fashion or beauty blogger!
- Inspirational quotes. I love those family manifestos that float about on the interwebz and I have been eying one off at my local homeware store that basically says live life with a smile.
- Alcohol. I have been limiting my intake recently to improve my health but I love a lovely glass of wine (either red or white would do) and I’m quite partial to a pear or apple cider too.
- Handbags and purses. This will not be in budget for this exchange but I have a weakness for matching bags and purses. I am currently hunting around for a red tote and matching purse to brighten up my summer.
To my secret santa, whoever you are, I hope this post helps. I know you have already asked me a few questions on Elfster so I hope having a bit more of an idea of who I am and what I like will make the whole gift giving experience less stressful for you!
For everybody else I hope you enjoyed that little insight into my personality and my tastes.
For my husband, if you end up reading this, you know what to do!
Sharing this with Jess from Essentially Jess for IBOT – maybe my secret santa is somewhere, out there…
Cheers to the season everyone!