Things I Know Right Now
It’s Friday, it’s been a while since I’ve shared what I know and I feel the need to get some things off my chest – so here goes…
1. After 7 weeks of solid weight loss, I recorded my first gain this week at my weigh in. I was not proud of it but, in a way, I’m glad that it’s happened as it will give me the motivation to get things back on track. I had been taking things too easy, not tracking everything and falling back into some lazy habits. The disappointment of putting some of the weight back on should be enough to get my mind-set back in the zone. I hope.
2. I have FINALLY started to incorporate exercise into my day. I’ve been getting up at 6am every morning and going for a half an hour walk. I feel so much better for getting out there and enjoying the early morning, alone with my music and my thoughts. It puts me in a more positive frame of mind and I have definitely had more patience with the kids each morning. It makes the effort of getting out of bed with the alarm worthwhile. Sort of.
3. My son is developing attitude and I’m not a fan. At all. I just want my funny, good little boy to come back – I don’t want him to be gone for good. I’m pinning my hopes on the upcoming school holidays. If 2 weeks of holidays doesn’t help, then I’m not sure what will…
4. We may have found a house plan to build – yay! We are still finalising the details but we’re hopeful that we’ll be in a position to start building soon after the land is registered. The plan is a 2 storey house that makes the most of the views of the bush in front of us and maximises the yard space at the back. It also has the living areas opening out on the yard that we have been searching for – it is definitely a house we could really live in and be happy in. Excitement is definitely starting to build up for us now.
5. I’m still trying to find my old blogging mojo. I’m finding myself too tired and weary during the week to blog but then find myself too caught up in catching up on everything else on the weekend to do much then either. It’s a bit of a catch-22 but I’m determined to find a way. If I was able to find a way to exercise everyday, I’m sure I can find a way to do some decent blogging a few times a week!
What do you know this week? I’m linking up with Dorothy for the first time in ages for Things I Know – I hope you can pop on over to her place and discover what everyone else knows too!