I’m Back, I Think…
Why hello there!!!! How are you going? Thanks for sticking around while I indulged in my much needed blogging break. I think I’m ready to get back into the swing of things, albeit at a more slow and steady pace. I hope you are ready to join me for my new adventures!
So what have you been up to while I’ve been gone? I’ve been busy with lots of stuff, as usual…
1. I’ve been losing a bit of weight thanks to Weight Watchers. I have now lost 4.1kgs in 6 weeks which has been really encouraging. I will post more about my experience so far but I am proud that I finally found the willpower that I had been lacking for the last 3 years! Who knew it was there all the time?
2. I’ve managed to find my groove at work and I think I’ll be okay in my new role. I have to admit, part of my reason for not blogging was due to the pressure I was feeling at work. The last thing I wanted to do was blog when I got home from a stressful day! But I feel much more comfortable there now, which is a huge load off my shoulders.
3. I’ve been reaquainting myself with simple pleasures like reading the local newspaper and watching TV. I LOVED watching the Olympics and can’t wait for the start of the Paralympics next week. I even had a go at finishing off Delilah’s birth cross-stitch – over 2 years after her birth. Maybe it will be finished in time for her 18th or 21st…
4. I’ve discovered the fabulousness that is The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a very clever web series based on Pride & Prejudice. I’m a Jane Austen tragic and I think this is a very smart, modern adaptation of my favourite novel. You should really check it out, it is a lot of fun. I can’t wait to see how it will all play out in the modern day, even though I know the novel inside out!
5. We’ve been considering house plans until our brains feel like they’re going to explode. Every time we think we have found “the one” we discover it isn’t quite right. They’re either too big, too small, too expensive, too wide, too “not us”. I didn’t think it would prove so difficult to find a plan that would suit us but, still it remains ever elusive.
So that’s a quick snapshot of what’s been going on with me over the last few weeks. What have YOU been up to? I’d love to know!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.