I Survived Solo Parenting Week!
It’s Friday! Which means my husband is due home after a week in Sydney and my stint of solo parenting will be at an end.
It’s been an interesting week and I have learned a lot from it:
- When you’re outnumbered 3:1 you just have to do what you can to survive and there’s no point feeling guilty about it.
- With that in mind it is okay to bribe your kids with Maccas in order to get them to finish their school assignments on time.
- Next time around we need to start on the school assignments a little bit earlier than at the last minute.
- Pick your battles – I’ve let Gilbert sleep on the lounge all week as he has been having trouble sleeping in his new room for some time now. We’ll work on getting him back in there but while he’s missing his dad and feeling anxious about the change there really is no point fighting that battle.
- On my own, I’m obviously not much of a TV watcher. Usually my husband and I sit together on the lounge each evening with our matching iPads and watch a bit of telly to unwind. Apart from catching The Amazing Race Australia last night, I haven’t watched much of anything.
- Instead of watching TV, I’ve been on the computer each evening (soaking up every moment of having it to myself!) and getting on top of the blog. Finally.
- I am considering a digital detox this weekend to recover from this week’s digital bender!
- I’m looking forward to going to Disney on Ice tonight although the timing with my husband’s return is not ideal…
- I can’t wait to finally have him home again.
- I am in total awe of all those parents who solo parent either through choice or circumstance. Hats off to you for managing to do this day in, day out.
Linking up with Dorothy from Singular Insanity for Things I Know – please pop on over and share what you have learned this week too!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.