Matildarisms

My kids are becoming interested in my blog and are starting to want to contribute to it.

Delilah even got a toy laptop for her birthday that has a button called “blog” – how apt!

A few weeks back, Matilda asked me to jot down some things that she wanted to share with you all.

So here they are – what I’d like to call, Matildarisms.

******************************************************************

I love my school.

We have a playground there. My brother plays there every day at school.

And I play lots of different games and my brother does too. We play with Shaleb sometimes. We like playing Doctor Who cause Shaleb likes playing Doctor Who.

I like playing with Shaleb.

I want to grow up and be a teacher at my school.

If I was a teacher at my school I would be teaching the kids lots of stuff. For the kindys I would teach them to be good and never to say naughty words.

I love my school.

The End.

********************************************************************

Easter is fun. You can eat a lot of candy but most of all you can eat chocolate eggs.

The Easter bunny comes on Sunday.

I want to go there but I can’t. But I’m wearing bunny ears anyway to celebrate Easter.

I’m going to have yummy food and I think it’s going to be chocolate, candy and lots of yummy lasange!

I love when it’s Easter.

The End.

*********************************************************************

Don’t you just love the truth and innocence of kids? I personally can’t get enough of it, although I am still wondering where she thinks wants to go on Easter Sunday…

I love you Matilda!

Linking up with Jess from Diary of a SAHM for IBOT – please head on over and check out all the other posts linked up this Tuesday.

1. carmen says:

I just love it when my children want to contribute! Even my teenage stepdaughter now checks to see if she made it into my posts!
    Just gorgeous! 🙂
    carmen recently posted..*Phew* It’s all over!

That’s fantastic to have real family support and acknowledgement of your blog Carmen.

My kids aren’t there yet but they do know I write on the internet and they love seeing the pictures of the three bears that represent them online. Maybe one day they’ll be checking in with me too!

2. LizC says:

Love it! Especially “The End”. The other day my daughter was relaying a story and kept prefacing her sentences with, “And another piece of information is…”. Can kids do their own blogs?

If any child was to have their own blog Liz, it would be your daughter! I would love to read it – maybe you can set a private one up, maybe that could be like a journal for her?

I’m sure my son wouldn’t be so polite if he ever gets a chance to contribute though…

3. Jess says:

Oh that is gorgeous! I let my daughter blog once; and it was quite confronting what she wrote!
    I haven’t done it since!
    Jess recently posted..Dear IBOT. I Broke My Toe for You. Love Jess xx

Jess, I remember that! If my kids wrote about me I’m sure it would be along the lines of “mummy never plays with me” and “mummy is always too busy”. I’m trying to change that but I know my kids never hold back when it comes to telling me like it is. While I’m proud of their honesty, a little more tact wouldn’t go astray…

4. Rhia says:

Oh My goodness. That is too cute for words! My son loves my blog too and gets super excited if he sees a pic of himself. Sometimes I see him sitting at the desk and ask what he’s doing. He usually says “jus’ workin’ on the ‘puter mummy”
    Rhia recently posted..The big come down

That’s lovely Rhia. My 2 yo daughter loves seeing photos of bear on the blog and the facebook page – her face lights up and she yells out “Lilah”! She now has a toy laptop of her own…just wondering how long it will be until she wants to wrote for the blog too!

5. BossyMummy says:

He he, love things that come out of kids mouths . The end ! 🙂

“The End” came about as her musings were originally two draft posts of their own. I brought them together for the purposes of the post and kept “The End” for each story as it was cute – I’m sure they end every story at school the same way as well!

6. Julie says:

Gorgeous! My kids aren’t old enough to read or contribute to my blog yet… but sometimes Miss 4 pretends to use the computer (or an invisible one) and says “Mummy, I’m just writing on my blog!” She gets it.
    Julie recently posted..Help! My (almost) 17-month-old doesn’t talk!

That is cute Julie! It’s funny how much they soak up, even though I try to keep my blog stuff to a minimum when they’re around – it’s obviously seeping in somehow…

7. Janet says:

Oh how cute! Nope, my kids aren’t interested in reading my blog let alone contributing. Although my 15 y.o. niece enjoys reading it apparently!
    Janet recently posted..Yummy Mummy or Motherly Mother?!

The kids don’t read it yet but they know I write on the internet and they have seen the pictures of the three bears that represent them online.

Every time my youngest sees the bears though she gets all excited and yells out “Lilah” – now she has a toy laptop with a blog button of her own, who knows what she’ll do!

8. Misha says:

That’s so sweet! My eldest said this week that she wants to be a writer when she grows up but she doesn’t read my blog… yet.
    Misha recently posted..My Miss Universe Pageant entry

That’s cute Misha. The kids have never read the blog but they know I write on the internet and Matilda wanted to join in one day.

Maybe I’ll let them read it when they are older but they’re content to look at the pictures for now!

9. Marita says:

Awwww so sweet
    Marita recently posted..The Birthday Menu

I love Matilda’s take on things – she is definitely all innocence and sweetness.

On the other hand, if I could ever get Gilbert to contribute, I don’t think sweet would be the adjective anyone would use!