Busy, Busy, Busy…
The title really says it all for me at the moment.
Apologies for my sporadic blogging, but I have been incredibly busy over the last few weeks and it’s set to continue for a few more yet.
There are a few reasons for my absence, the main ones being…
1. We’re preparing to move house. Boxes have been delivered, the removalists are booked in and we’re working towards getting most things packed and ready to go by the end of the long weekend.
2. Acompanying the need to move has been everything that goes with that like finding a place to live – applying for rental properties, unsuccessfully placing offers to buy properties and organising the disconnection and reconnection of utilities.
3. I’ve started a new job so there is lots going on there. Apart from new duties and roles I’ll also be managing staff too so I’m feeling the pressure to find my feet fast so I can help them out.
4. The kids are stressed out. The meltdowns have been coming thick and fast this week with the impending move and the end of term and the start of the holidays.
5. I attended DPCON12 in Melbourne last week which was an awesome opportunity to learn lots and meet other bloggers but the lightning quick trip really took it out of me. I was in Melbourne for less than 48 hours and with the stress of knowing all I had to come back to, it was not a relaxing trip away in the least.
6. I am pretty much physically and mentally exhausted at the moment so the thought of blogging does not bring me the usual feelings of excitement, stimulation or release. I’m hoping my blogging mojo will return once we are moved and settled.
7. Having said all that I must confess I have taken time out this week to watch Season 2 of Downton Abbey which was lent to us for a few days. I think I needed to turn off and just relax for a few hours each night – I certainly enjoyed finding out what happened to the inhabitants of Downton and it’s surrounds during World War I!
I’m still going to host my I Must Confess linkup for this week but then I’ll be taking a blogging break for a few weeks while we set things up in the new place and get the kids settled.
But I’ll be back – just imagine me saying that in an Arnie accent!
Linking up with Dorothy from Singular Insanity for Things I Know – feel free to share what you know this week and check out what others know!