Sunday Session – Bits and Bobs

It’s time for another musical post as part of the Sunday Session hosted by Thea from Do I Really Wanna Blog?

It’s a bit of a mixed bag this week as it’s all about songs that I like from artists I have never really bothered to get to know better.

Who knows, I may like some of their other stuff if I tried it out, but for various reasons I have only ever got an initial taste of their commercially successful stuff.

My next project may involve getting to know some of these artists a little better!

I’ll start with Finger Eleven’s “Paralyser” – an awesome debut song from a band that I have never followed up – why?

The second course this week comes from Moloko with “Sing It Back” – I suspect I would really like their stuff if I gave it a chance…

My third pick this week is The Prodigy with “Firestarter” – I also like “Breathe” as well but I never heard much else from them.

Finally, I bring you The Ting Tings with “That’s Not My Name” a catchy little number that I loved when it first came out.

It’s sad that I can’t tell you much more about these artists but I’m on a mission to discover more of their stuff – I let you know how I go!

1. Norlin says:

Great selection there Kirsty! Some of the songs bring back some memories like Prodigy’s Firestarter – was pregnant with my eldest then and the Ting Tings That’s Not My Name was a favourite of my second one when it was hot! 🙂
    Norlin recently posted..Sunday Session: Killers Love

The Prodigy brings back memories for me too – every time I hear Firestarter or Breathe I have to move to the beat – it’s hypnotic (and embarrassing when I’m bopping sway at my desk at work!)

2. Wendy says:

I used to play Prodigy’s Firestarter really loud in my car when it was in the Triple J Top 100. The drums are so unbelieveable in their songs! And the singer has to be the creepiest looking guy ever! Cool choices. xx
    Wendy recently posted..Sunday Session – Shakespears Sister

Yes Wendy, The Prodigy are cool and hypnotic and creepy all at the same time! They did what they did incredibly well – Breathe and Firestarter are definitely on high rotation on my iPod!

3. Thea says:

Great songs. I really like all of these, too. Perhaps there were one hit wonders? 🙂
    Thea recently posted..Sunday Session

Maybe some of them were one hit wonders – but I think I’m going to enjoy finding out for myself over the coming weeks!