Sunday Session – Train

Welcome to my contribution to the Sunday Session hosted by Thea from Do I Really Wanna Blog?

I’m quite excited this week as I am finally sharing a newish song with you all. I normally trot out my old favourites, partly because I love them so much but mostly because I stopped listening to the radio and wasn’t listening to anything new!

Since christmas I have been making an effort to listen to the radio again in a bid to keep up with new songs, for two main reasons.

1. My kids are coming home singing all this stuff I don’t recognise.  I want to know what they are singing and share in their growing musical identity.

2. I enjoy this linkup and want to be able to share new stuff as well as old favourites. I know the rules used to be a new song and an old song – the way I was going I would never have been able to participate!

In the last few weeks I have enjoyed a song by Train called “Drive By”. It is upbeat and fun and extremely catchy – I smile and bop about everytime I hear it!

As it happens, I have been at home the last few weeks and can hear the music being played over the local school’s speaker system. Train’s “Hey Soul Sister” gets a workout every lunchtime and my kids have been singing it on the way home as well. Another upbeat song that I love!

Finally, a week dedicated to Train would not be complete without their first big hit, “Drops of Jupiter”. I loved this song the minute I heard it and it still gives me goosebumps whenever I hear it.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

1. I LOOOOVE love love Train!! I was already planning on doing the Train Edition of Sunday Sessions for next week! Haha! I love when you buy an album for a song, and it becomes your least favourite of them all b/c the others are even better (and not played to death on the radio!). Train is one of those artists for me.
    Aroha @ Colours of SUnset recently posted..Sunday Sessions : The Daughtry Edition

2. Thea says:

Oh, know the 2nd & 3rd songs but hadn’t heard the 1st one. Soooooo catchy! I love it. I love all of them. Fabulous Sunday Session, thanks for linking. 🙂
    Thea recently posted..Sunday Session

3. Tracy says:

It’s so nice finding some new music to fall in love with isn’t it? I only know Train from Tears of Jupiter, I didn’t realise they were still going! They are definitely upbeat and happy songs, thanks for sharing!
    Tracy recently posted..Sunday Sessions: Songs that make me happy

They have changed their sound over the years. They’re more catchy and upbeat now, but I do have a massive soft spot for Tears of Jupiter – such a majestic song.

4. SpecialK says:

I love Train, but I had not heard Drive By until now another great song. Thanks ever so much for posting. Cheers SpecialK XoXo
    SpecialK recently posted..Meandering Into A Special Valentines oxoxox Day 12

I was pretty happy to discover Drive By. Most songs on the radio these days do not inspire me in the slightest so it was a lovely surprise to keep hearing this one and feeling so uplifted every time. Let’s hope I can find more treasures amongst the normal trash of commercial radio!!!!

5. Melissa says:

Dreamy Sigh. There aren’t really words for how much I love Train. Marry me was my favourite song for aaaaages.
    Melissa recently posted..Sunday Sessions & Piquing my Interest – Was there any other choice?

I’ve grown to appreciate Train more through the years – really liking their recent upbeat tunes, they never fail to make me smile!

6. Drenouch says:

I couldn’t imagine myself loving the music of Train.. I prefer classic songs but watching this video makes me realize I can manage to like this new song.
    Drenouch recently posted..insurance claim

Train is not my favourite band but I do like these songs – they are catchy and upbeat and smile inducing – I do like songs that put me in a good mood!