Thankful for Bits & Pieces
Continuing my bid to embrace positivity this year I am thankful for a whole lot of little things this week so, obviously, I had to join in with Kate from Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursday.
This week I am very thankful for:
- My work having a shutdown over christmas and for being able to take a few extra days at the end to give me a 2 week break – just what I needed!
- Being able to watch tennis on free-to-air TV for the next few weeks – I’m in heaven…
- Having a second TV so I can watch the tennis without denying the kids their ABC4Kids fix.
- The existence of Amazon and other online book stores. I was at my wits end the other week seeking a music book for my son (his latest special interest is musical instruments) and not being able to find one in any of the remaining bookstores in Newcastle. Amazon saved the day and made one little boy very, very happy and made one mother very, very relieved.
- Rediscovering the joy of cross-stitching. I forgot how calming the simple action of stitiching thread can be, especially when propped up in bed, channel surfing between 2 televised tennis tournaments, with a dash of cricket also thrown in for good measure!
- Taking the initiative to organise some meet-ups while on leave. The kids have had a playdate each, I’ve been able to catch-up with some other mothers and we’ve been able to get our old group of friends together, in the one place, for the first time in a very long time. I’m glad I pushed through my apathy and made these things happen.
- Letting myself have a rest. I’m still struggling to get over my sinus issues and I have enjoyed mixing up bursts of socialising with just laying about and taking it easy. It has been just what I needed to recharge and get ready for 2012.
- The cool change that has just come through, bringing a lovely breeze and lower temperatures with it. While it was nice to see a bit of summer, I’m glad the cooler weather is set to return as our air-conditioner is still broken and we are reliant on keeping our blinds down and running our ceiling fans to keep the heat at bay (which, between you and me, was not at all effective today!)
So that’s a sample of the bits and pieces that I am thankful for this week – what are you thankful for today?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.