Sunday Session – The Black Eyed Peas

The long awaited return to school is on tomorrow for our family and I have been trying to get everyone as excited as I am about it. Strangely, no-one else is quite as excited as I am…I wonder why????

So, for this week’s Sunday Session (as always hosted by the wonderful Thea from Do I Really Wanna Blog?) I have decided to employ the power of the Black Eyed Peas to get my kids excited about the return to school.

How can you not move your body to their hypnotic rhythm and beats? How can you not fail to be amused by their film clips (they always look like they are having a tonne of fun!) How can you not want to “pump it” and “get this party started”?

I know listening to these songs again has got me pumped up, whether it will be enough to get the kids raring to go for tomorrow is another thing…wish me luck!

Pump It

Rock That Body

Let’s Get It Started

Don’t Phunk With My Heart

Enjoy your Sunday everybody!

1. LizC says:

Glad you are excited…I’m too nervous to be excited! Em & I enjoyed dancing to “Rock that body” but she is curious about why Fergie sounds like Alvin & the Chipmunks lol.

Hahaha! I agree with Emma, I prefer their earlier non-electronic stuff, before Fergie sounded like a chipmunk!

I’m really nervous about tomorrow too but am feeling a little better today as the boy had a haircut with relatively few outbursts (he did call the hairdresser an idiot but luckily she laughed it off…) Plus he told us this afternoon that he thinks he will like school because he will be there for 5 years which means he will know kids there for longer than his ASPECT friends. Whatever helps him accept what’s happening…good luck with your two this week, looking forward to hearing about how you go!

2. Wendy says:

Ha! That was fun! Pump It is actually so clever, the way they use that sample. Brilliant! xx
    Wendy recently posted..Shopping for shoes and stationery

I do rather like Pump It – it really does showcase their early stuff before they went into more electronic territory. I’m thinking of playing all those songs in the morning before we head off to school to get everyone rocking – hoping that might get us out the door on time!

3. 😆 Got to LOVE a lil Black Eyed Peas!!!
    Yvette @ DTlilsquirts recently posted..Sunday Sessions – Week 5 2012

Yvette, it certainly gets me going – need some of their beats to get me in the mood for the mountain of housework ahead of me!!!!

4. Jayne says:

I’m looking forward to the return to routine.

Early BEP is much better than their latest efforts.
    Jayne recently posted..Sunday Session

Jayne, I too am a creature of routine although I will be out of whack for a little longer while I’m on leave here at home.

Yes, early BEP is far better than their electronic efforts. Love their early stuff!

5. Thea says:

Hope the songs worked to get everyone pumped and ready!!
    Back to school is such a horrible time, well it is for me. My boy started Yr2 last week, so far so good with him. But Miss4 is starting kindy and doesn’t want to go. We have day 2 tomorrow, I’m expecting some more kicking and screaming, and crying from me! I hate it. 🙁
    Thea recently posted..Sunday Session

We ended up surviving the first week but had problems starting the second week today – I think I neeeded the ‘Peas more today than I did last week!

1. October 21, 2012

[…] have documented my love for the Peas before but this is my favourite song from 2005′s Monkey Business so I had to play it again! […]