Sunday Session – My Kid’s Favourites

Hi all – I’ve decided to tear myself away from the tennis for a short time to share this week’s Sunday Session with you!

This week I’ve taken inspiration from my kids and am sharing their favourite songs of the moment. These are songs they have been singing around the house during the holidays, while my husband and I smile at each other and wonder how they know these songs at all!

Gilbert Bear has been singing quite a variety of songs lately, mainly from soundtracks to his favourite movies. But the song he has been singing more than any other is from none other than Justin Beiber. I have absolutely no idea how he knows this song, but know it, he does!

Matilda Bear is a singer from way back. She is in the school choir and comes home singing all kinds of pop songs. One of her all time favourites is by Ne-Yo from the Princess and the Frog soundtrack. She will play the filmclip over and over again after she’s watched the movie – luckily it is a good song, else I’d have been driven completely mad by now!

Now Delilah Bear may only be 20 months old but she has very definite music tastes. When this particular song comes on she drops whatever she is doing and comes racing to the lounge room to watch her favourite show that she calls “a cool” – it’s very cute!

So it is no surprise that she loves absolutely anything by this artist – Justine Clarke has saved my sanity on more than one occasion and anytime one of her songs comes on ABC 4 Kids, Delilah is there like a shot!

I hope you’ve enjoyed a glimpse into the music tastes of the Russell kids! You should now go on over to visit Thea at Do I Really Wanna Blog and enjoy the musical smorgasboard that is the Sunday Session.

1. Thea says:

My kids love that Justin Bieber song too. And Play School and Justine Clarke have always been popular with them too. Thanks for linking. 🙂
    Thea recently posted..Sunday Session

I can’t say I’m a Justin Bieber fan but I’m trying to be more “with it” as I realised I hadn’t been listening to the radio at all and the kids were singing all sorts of things that I didn’t know! They’re also borrowing videos that are moving into that tween market (they watched Camp Rock today) so I better get with the program…oh where has the time flown???

2. Wendy says:

One of the kids in my class sang that Justin Bieber song all last year, and I’d never actually heard the real version until now! 🙂
    Wendy recently posted..Summer Reading Bliss

Well, my son has been singing the chorus constantly but I hadn’t heard the rest of it so it was an education for me as well!!!

3. Norlin says:

My girls don’t really like Justin Bieber, and my Master 6 knows this, so he loves singing it just to annoy his elder sister! It’s hilarious!
    Norlin recently posted..New Year Goals Update

Master 6 sounds like an very interesting boy! My two eldest are only 18 months apart in age so they are moving through phases and tastes together. Today they both watched a bit of Camp Rock and were introduced to the Jonas Brothers – I suppose I better get ready for the tween years now!