I Must Confess…I’m a Bit of a Sook
It’s Saturday night again, so time for another round of I Must Confess.
This week, we are sans vlog (sorry, I’m sure you’re all so very disappointed about that!). Time and opportunity weren’t available to me this week so I will have to share my confession with you the old fashioned way instead.
So, this week I must confess that I’m a bit of a sook and I’m going to be quite teary by the end of next week when school finishes up for the year.
This year is especially poignant as my son will be finishing up with ASPECT and we will be saying goodbye to some kids and teachers that he has known for up to 3 years.
The staff and teachers have been fantastic and so supportive through this time – it is quite frankly, scary, to know that safety net will no longer be there for us.
Not to mention the fact that my son will be leaving some real friends there – probably the greatest achievement he has made there has been in making some real friends.
I will be putting together some christmas cards this weekend and including our contact details in them so hopefully we can keep in contact with some of the kids and their families.
Maybe Gilbert will even consent to writing his name in each one…we’ll have to see, handwriting is not a preferred activity for him by any means!
And tomorrow we’ll go shopping for the teachers’ gifts too. I would like to get them something special to show them how much we have appreciated all the care and support they have shown Gilbert but, at this point, I am all out of ideas. I’m hoping inspiration comes our way while we are out and about…
I’m also a bit sad that I won’t be able to attend his class christmas party next week (his father will be going instead) so I won’t be able to be to thank them all then. But I am planning to pick Gilbert up from school on his last day so I can see his teachers one last time. I have a feeling I will need tissues (I’m already tearing up just thinking about it!)
So that’s my confession this week – that I’m a great big sook and a teeny bit scared about facing the big mainstream education world alone!
By now you should all know the drill. Leave a comment, or better yet, link to your own confession – getting things off your chest will make you feel better, I promise!
– I Must Confess is a link up that will be happening every Sunday – a bit of a homage to my Catholic upbringing, in fact!
– The link will be live from 10pm Saturday night for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new as long as it relates to a confession of some kind, the revelation of an embarrassing secret, or getting something completely silly off your chest.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– The linky is meant to be fun so please remember that and respect others – hopefully we can all have a little fun with this as we go along.
– You don’t have to be my friend to play along but it’s always nice to make new friends, isn’t it?
So read all about how I’m a great big sook, linkup your confession and go forth and comment on the other brave souls looking to cleanse themselves this Sunday!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.