Sunday Session – Crazy & Insane Edition

I had so much fun with Thea from Do I Really Wanna Blog‘s Sunday Session last week that I am back for more!

This week, I have put together some of my favourite songs about being crazy and insane – just because that’s how I feel at the moment.

It’s getting to the pointy end of the year and things are getting a little more hectic and then you realise you have all these appointments already for 2012 even before we’ve entered the last month of 2011…that’s why I am feeling just a tad crazy and insane at the moment!

So, I will start with my all time favourite group, Jamiroquai, and their 1996 classic, Virtual Insanity. The video clip is cool, the lyrics are probably even more relevant now than they were then and the song always makes me want to dance.

Next up, is Seal’s iconic hit, Crazy, from 1991 (before he shaved off his dreads and married Heidi Klum). This is such a powerful song with a thumping bass and his wonderful soulful voice – I still love this song after all these years!

Now, to prove that not all my favourites are from the 90’s, we move to Beyonce’s first solo hit, Crazy in Love from 2003. I don’t know what it is about this song, but it always lifts my mood and makes me want to dance (unfortunately my dancing is not quite as sultry as Beyonce’s moves….oh well…)

To finish up this week’s edition of songs devoted to craziness and insanity, I present to you Gnarls Barkley’s 2006 masterpiece, Crazy. I apologise for the quality of the video clip (the official one cannot be embedded) but it is still a magnificent song and thoroughly unique video clip.

There’s my selection of songs about being crazy and insane – I hope it helps both you and me as we navigate the craziness of the end of the year ahead of us!

1. kat says:

Love love love! Every one of these songs had me singing along.
    Great choices 🙂
    kat recently posted..Feeling Husky

Yay! I love songs you can dance and sing to, you probably won’t get too many slow ones from me! I thoroughly enjoyed putting this together and am loving this linkup!

2. Chantel says:

I love Jamiroquai! Great theme this week!
    Chantel recently posted..Sunday Session – Blur versus Oasis

I have loved Jamiroquai from the first time I heard Too Young to Die – been a massive fan ever since! Their concert in Sydney in 2001 was one of the best I have ever been too and I have all their albums…it will be a challenge for me to NOT include one of their tunes every week!!!!

3. Thea says:

That’s what I’m talking ’bout!!!!
    Love all these songs.
    Fabulous Sunday Session! 🙂
    Thea recently posted..Sunday Session

Thanks Thea – they certainly got me in a good mood today, hoping it sustains me for the working week ahead of me! BTW, i’m totally loving your linkup, enjoying being introduced to new music and connecting with others who love music as much as I do! Thanks for hosting.

4. Alice says:

Love your Sunday Session Kirsty! Jamiroquai is one of my fave artists, and the Seal song is one of my faves too!
    Alice recently posted..Sunday Session – Songs for young and old