Things I Know – Completely Random Edition
Friday already, huh? I can’t believe the year is just careening on, faster and faster, with no relief in sight. It’s all starting to feel like one of those show rides where you ask the ride operator to stop and they ignore you and just make it go faster…I’m honestly not ready for November yet, people!
Apart from knowing that the year is fast coming to a close, I also know a few other completely random things this week.
1. I know I’m not looking forward to taking Delilah for her 18 month immunisation today. It’s never fun taking your trusting, beautiful baby to the GP for needles. I can only hope snuggles and some morning tea afterwards will make her happy again!
2. I love, love, love Beauty and the Geek! They had the makeover episode last night and some of the geeks turned out to be real hotties – especially Gilbert! This is a real guilty pleasure of mine at the moment – please don’t judge me!
3. I know Matilda and I (and hundreds of other late night shoppers) were evacuated from our local shopping centre yesterday afternoon. And, judging from the sirens we heard over the next hour something big must have happened there…
4. I know I am proud of how Matilda handled herself during the evacuation. She stayed close to me and dealt well with the real disappointment of not being able to spend her birthday voucher (she had been carefully weighing up the merits of My Little Pony versus Littlest Pet Shop when the alarm was raised!)
5. I know I am finally starting to find a blogging groove – heck, it has only taken me 10 months but I have finally got there! Now, lets see how long it lasts until I fall victim to bloggers block (yes, I know I’ve probably just jinxed myself right there!)
6. I know I am going to take the big step of starting up my very own linkup next weekend! Look out for “I Must Confess” which will be starting on Sunday 6 November. You can link up something old or new, as long as you are making a confession of some kind or owning up to being silly or coming clean with a deep dark secret…
7. I know I don’t want to be a Nigel Nofriends so I am really hoping at least one other person links up!
Many thanks to Shae from Yay for Home for again allowing us all to share what we know. So, over to you – what do you know this week?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.