Things I Know – Completely Random Edition

Image courtesy Salvatore Vuono (www.freedigitalphotos.net)

Friday already, huh? I can’t believe the year is just careening on, faster and faster, with no relief in sight. It’s all starting to feel like one of those show rides where you ask the ride operator to stop and they ignore you and just make it go faster…I’m honestly not ready for November yet, people!

Apart from knowing that the year is fast coming to a close, I also know a few other completely random things this week.

1. I know I’m not looking forward to taking Delilah for her 18 month immunisation today. It’s never fun taking your trusting, beautiful baby to the GP for needles. I can only hope snuggles and some morning tea afterwards will make her happy again!

2. I love, love, love  Beauty and the Geek! They had the makeover episode last night and some of the geeks turned out to be real hotties – especially Gilbert! This is a real guilty pleasure of mine at the moment – please don’t judge me!

3. I know Matilda and I (and hundreds of other late night shoppers) were evacuated from our local shopping centre yesterday afternoon. And, judging from the sirens we heard over the next hour something big must have happened there…

4. I know I am proud of how Matilda handled herself during the evacuation. She stayed close to me and dealt well with the real disappointment of not being able to spend her birthday voucher (she had been carefully weighing up the merits of My Little Pony versus Littlest Pet Shop when the alarm was raised!)

5. I know I am finally starting to find a blogging groove – heck, it has only taken me 10 months but I have finally got there! Now, lets see how long it lasts until I fall victim to bloggers block (yes, I know I’ve probably just jinxed myself right there!)

6. I know I am going to take the big step of starting up my very own linkup next weekend! Look out for “I Must Confess” which will be starting on Sunday 6 November. You can link up something old or new, as long as you are making a confession of some kind or owning up to being silly or coming clean with a deep dark secret…

7. I know I don’t want to be a Nigel Nofriends so I am really hoping at least one other person links up!

Many thanks to Shae from Yay for Home for again allowing us all to share what we know. So, over to you – what do you know this week?

1. Ooh your new linkup sounds exciting!
    Kirsty @mummytofive recently posted..Things I Know — Cheeky Christmas Pranks You can play on your kids!

2. We (my hubs, mum and I) watch Beauty and the Geek too. I think my mum now has a crush on Gilbert! OMG, who knew what was hiding under his clothes and all that hair!
    Your new linky sounds fun!
    Becky from BeckyandJames.com recently posted..Things I Know: Thanks to Mars Needs Moms

My husband watches it with me too, although he pretends to do stuff on the computer!!! Gilbert’s transformation was amazing – he’s certainly a geek no more! I hope the linkup is fun – that’s the plan, anyway!!!

3. nellbe says:

Best of luck with the immunisation, I was also worried with my 2 year old but he didn’t flinch! Good luck with your link up.
    nellbe recently posted..Things I Know

Thanks Nellbe – Delilah cried even before the needles even appeared as she knew why she was there (smart cookie, my little girl!) But she didn’t take too long to recover – nothing that a bit of banana bread and a strawberry couldn’t fix, anyway! Fingers crossed the linkup will be fun – I’ve been thinking about doing it for months, now is finally the time for action!

4. Skyelee says:

Must confess (already) sneeking peeks at BATG – it is on right before The Amazing Race. I have been turning the TV on earlier and earlier, but trying to delude myself that I am not a Beauty and the Geek watcher!! 😉
    Skyelee recently posted..Things my Nose Knows

I’ve been following it from the start – I watched the last two seasons as well! I know it is contrived and not high-class TV but it makes me smile and, as I am married to a geek myself, I get quite a kick about watching them all interact! Give in to the temptation and enjoy!!!

5. SpecialK says:

Yes I agree the year is passing so quickly and like most I never have enough time in my day as it is. Thanking you for your kind words on my ‘a special story’ and the visit I am always thrilled to have you over my place. You have you life’s share too and I wish and hope for an safe and easy road for you and your family. Cheers SpecialK

Thanks Special K – I found your blog very honest and uplifting and was glad to have found it! As I said there, I have no words to help you but I am grateful that you shared some of your story and I do sincerely hope that someday soon things will get easier for you and your family.

6. SpecialK says:

Oh thank you Kirsty for the follow. Lucky 13 you must be oh so special…. http://adaywithspecialk.blogspot.com/2011/10/special-story.html

7. Ai Sakura says:

Oh yay a new internet meme to play along to! 🙂 I’ll be sure to keep your linky party in mind and join in when I think of something to “confess” to heehee.

I recently started a Wordless Wed Linky Party too. Come join in when you can!

PS. I love Beauty & The Geek too!! Plus ANTM and Masterchef 😛
    Ai Sakura recently posted..Korea 2011: Insadong

It would be so good having you play along when you can and I will definitely check out your link party too!

My fav “reality” shows at the moment, apart from BATG, are The Amazing Race (one of my all time favourites), and renovation shows (I particularly enjoyed The Block, The Renovators and Grand Designs this year) I also like Survivor but I haven’t had a chance to check it out this year – too many shows, so little time!

8. tiff says:

I like Beauty and the Geek too – Julian is my favourite but dont tell my kids because I sit down and bag out the show, just to tease them (just a little bit) What? They tease me too 🙂
    tiff recently posted..Things I know about community.

Julian is a real sweetie!

It’s easy to bag out the show (my husband does all the time, yet he sits there and watches it…!) but I love it. It is contrived but there is sweetness there too – my excuse is that I’m married to a geek myself (I tend to relate more to the geeks and their interests than the beauties – but don’t tell my husband that, he’ll realise what a huge influence he’s been on me!!!)

9. I don’t have a tv life because I’m on twitter & the blog.,. Last night when I rang my daughter, she answered “why are you ringing in BATG time??” um sorry! The whole family loves it – from parents to teens
    Denyse Whelan recently posted..5 Secrets About The School Principal*

I watch too much TV and stay up too late and then wake up tired and thus the cycle continues… But some shows do give me the escapism I need sometimes, especially when the brain is too exhausted to blog or tweet! BATG certainly does that for me!!!

10. kirri says:

Ahh So Im not the only one who feels like it was July yesterday and almost November today?
    How does that happen…the year is whizzing by for me and yet for my kids, every day it’s like “Is it Christmas yet?”
    kirri recently posted..There’s no substitute for the real thing.

Every year I feel this way – dreading the end of the year and the chaos that ensues while my kids can’t wait until Christmas and the holidays! Glad I’m not the only one who feels this way!!!!

11. Shae says:

The new linky sounds great!
    Shae recently posted..I heart my body

12. Grace says:

Those 18 month shots are awful! The twinlets got so sick afterwards.
    Look forward to your new link up !!!
    Grace recently posted..A Holiday with the Herd

Delilah ended up having to have an extra shot as there was a booster for the pneumococcal (sure I’ve misspelt that!) vaccine. It came up red and swollen for a day or so afterwards on her upper arm. Otherwise, she came through it okay – but very glad I don’t have to do that again for another few years!!!

I’m looking forward to the linkup too – just have to get myself organised now so I have a post ready for the day!!!!