10 Things I Know About Me
Hello there lovely readers! I thought I would share 10 things you may not know about me today as part of Shae from Yay for Home‘s Things I Know linkup – so here goes…
1. I am a 90’s music tragic – the music on my ipod is still largely made up of the music of my teens and early 20’s. And I didn’t always like the cool stuff – I have Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, Madonna, Take That, Kylie Minogue as well as the one hit wonder that was Jeremy Jordan on there (amongst 1000’s of others). And daggy as it may be, I still love them and they still make me smile everyday!
2. When I was 14 I went to Rome on a choir trip and shook Pope John II’s hand and also sang a solo in St Peter’s Basilica. I am no longer a practising Catholic nowadays but that trip was such a pivotal moment in my life…I was so lucky to have been able to go!
3. I discovered my love of history on that trip – I saw Pompeii (although my choirmistress, Sr Helen, would not let me see the rather raunchy statues in some of the buildings!), we went to the Louvre & Versailles, I saw the statue of David, walked through Florence, Paris, Rome and London, went to a West End show (The Phantom of the Opera – still my favourite musical) and ended up going to Disneyland too (every child’s dream).
4. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Paris and London – it has been our only overseas trip together and I would love to go again and give my kids the same experiences I had…we are slowly working towards that goal!
5. I have had 3 skin cancers removed so far with another weird and wonderful spot frozen off today at my 6 monthly skin cancer check-up. I even remembered to wear matching underwear for the occasion (I don’t get out much!)
6. We are considering selling our house and moving onto something bigger and better. We have been dancing around the issue of our house for nearly the entire 4 years we have lived here. We have looked into renovating, extending and even knocking down and rebuilding but there is always some issue with each option. So we are preparing to make the big move – I’ll let you all know how we go…
7. I started a cross-stitch for Delilah Bear before her birth and still have not finished it off, a year and half later. Obviously I am a loving and committed mother…
8. My dad took me to the local club the night before my first HSC exam (music – performance) and bought me an alcoholic drink to help me relax. It must have worked as I did far better than I anticipated in that exam – so hats off to you Dad!
9. I had really bad acne when I was a teenager and had to go on Roaccutane to bring it under control…still have the lovely scars to prove it, I can only hope my kids will not be so cursed when they enter their teenage years.
10. I don’t like coffee – hate the smell and the taste – but love hot chocolate and soothing cups of tea.
So there you are, 10 things you may not have known about me. Now you do, go on over to Yay for Home and find out what everyone else knows this week.
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.