Things I Know

I’m linking up with Shae from Yay For Home again this week – I must say I have so much fun sitting down each Friday and evaluating all the things I know – it’s getting quite addictive!

So the things I know this week:

* I am over this weather. Seriously. I am sitting in a cold house with no dry wood for the fire and an air-conditioning unit that keeps shorting out and I bet the rain will intensify just when I need to do the school run. Oh, Mother Nature, you are a cruel, cruel mistress this week!

* Miss 1 is a grandparent magnet. While out at the shops this morning she nearly wrangled herself 6 new sets of grandparents – they loved her. She had them all wrapped around her little finger – little cheeky-chopper!

* I have reacquainted my adult self with the absolute deliciousness of Smith’s chips sandwiches. Original crinkle-cut chips, fresh bread, butter, hot cup of tea….yes…it was YUM!

* I had a day off work yesterday for my mental and physical health. And I know it was the right thing to do even though I could have gone to work but knew I needed some time away.

* It is expensive to have days off work – it was the first day of the Target Toy Sale and I got a few things for christmas…let’s just say that Santa will be quite popular with my kiddies this year!

* I am sad that Downtown Abbey has finished but I am very excited to know that new episodes of Castle are going to be finally aired. If you haven’t watched this show yet, do it, it is funny, witty, clever and romantic. Yes, it is a police procedural but it is not your normal cop show – watch it, it’s definitely worth staying up for on a Sunday night.

Thanks to Shae for yet again allowing us all to reflect on what we know each week. If you have a bit of spare time over the weekend go and check out all the other Things I Know posts too.

1. Love the grandparent magnet comment! My babygirl is one too, it’s lovely πŸ™‚

Have a great weekend Kirsty.

Thanks Kate – I suspect all babies are grandparent magnets, makes me laugh all the time – not to mention all the stories I hear of all their own grandchildren!!! Hope you have a good weekend too!

2. Yummmmmmm I love chip sandwhiches!!! I enjoyed downton abbey too.

3. Grace says:

Oh my ! I haven’t had a chip sandwich in donkey’s years ! I bet you enjoyed that ! Happy Friday and stay dry and warm this weekend πŸ™‚

Thanks Grace – trying to stay dry and warm but our air-con has packed it in and our firewood is wet! Have been in bed since 8.30pm all nice and cosy! Enjoy your weekend too.

4. Shae says:

OMG want a chip sandwich now

5. nellbe says:

Ever tried a twistie sandwich, so so yummy and I used to put Vegemite on it too sometimes. Of course now I cannot eat them but I loved them when I could. Hope the rain lets up soon.

It is hard when you can’t eat what you used to – I try and be good around my husband (I generally eat what he eats) but when i’m on my own I sometimes indulge in things he can’t. Can’t say I’ve ever tried a twistie sandwich though… πŸ˜‰ have a great weekend!

6. I am so glad you stopped by my blog! It led me hear and i love it!!

So cute to hear about Miss1, i love seeing other people appreciate my kidlets πŸ™‚
    I haven’t had a chip sanga in ages…. something for my diet free day i’m thinking!!
    I too am sad to see the end of Downton Abby, but it will be exciting to see new episodes of Castle. I have only started watching since the repeats but i really enjoy it πŸ™‚
    I hope you are feeling a little brighter after your day off and a brighter week is ahead of you xox

Thanks for that, it will hopefully be a better week (esp. If the weather improves!) Glad that you’ve enjoyed Castle, it is such a fun show, can’t wait to finally see the rest of series 3!!!!!

7. Mama Cass says:

Oh yum! I just gasped at the thought of a chip sandwich. I haven’t had one of those for years. Now I’m craving one. Thanks lol.

That’s my community service to bloggers everywhere today – you’re all welcome! πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by, I really enjoying discovering your blog this evening – I love finding new blogs!

8. Trish says:

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

OH my memories … Smith’s chips sandwiches. Original crinkle-cut chips, fresh bread, butter, hot cup of tea….yes…it was YUMMO!

I hope your FIL’s Kokoda trek goes well Del @ Supererelsih just got back from her second Kokoda trip.
    I love Downtown Abbey too.

Thanks for dropping by Trish. Your post is an important one and it was emotional reading it – thanks for sharing it.

We took my FIL to the airport today, he should be in PNG by now. He starts the trek on Monday, I have my fingers and toes crossed that he and his fellow Trekkers will go well. Wow, imagine doing it twice, well done to Del for that effort!

And yes, will miss Downton Abbey – I love historical dramas…

9. Krispy says:

Oh wow chip sandwiches – yummo!!!! So funny about the grandparent magnet πŸ™‚

Can’t go wrong with a chip sandwich! And yes, I get accosted by elderly people wherever Miss 1 and I go…she is indeed a grandparent magnet!

10. amandab says:

Ummm … I don’t think I have ever had a Smith’s crisps sandwich. And now I feel I am missing out πŸ™