Things I Know

I’m linking up with Shae from Yay For Home again this week after having to pass on linking up last week due to being away from home (and from Internet access – I survived, barely…)

So the things I know this week:

* I know I am a day late. I am beginning to be perennially late for everything which pains me greatly as I am not a tardy creature by nature. Hopefully I will find those missing time management skills sometime soon before it does my head in.

* I know I will be happy to see school go back after this weekend. It’s not that I don’t enjoy my kids but in this household we all need the routine that only school can bring. Although I won’t be so pleased to go back to the grind of ironing school clothes and making lunches each night…

* I am struggling to keep up with everything in the blogosphere. I try to read a variety of blogs and comment where I can and get on Twitter and update Facebook and muck about on Google+ (I still have no idea what I’m doing there!) but then I don’t get to write posts myself.

* I am physically exhausted from working through most of the holidays and staying up late to keep up with blogging stuff. I have to start looking after myself else I’ll continue to get these horrible cold sores and have to start wearing a paper bag over my head!

* I know my husband looks cool in his new glasses. They are thick and black but do actually suit him. Think a cross between Clark Kent and Leonard from the Big Bang Theory…except my husband’s blonde…just trust me, they look ubercool!

Thanks to Shae for yet again allowing us all to reflect on what we know each week. If you have a bit of spare time over the weekend go and check out all the other Things I Know posts too.

1. Grace says:

Welcome back! It does get hard keeping up the fast pace of the blogosphere…especially with all these new things…Google+, klout..
    And yes, Clark Kent is hot !
    Happy weekend !

Hi Grace, I have been struggling to catch up with everything lately – glad to now have gotten some more posts under my belt! And, yes, I may be slightly biased but I think my husband looks rather nice with his new glasses – will have to post a photo to prove it! Thanks for visiting!

2. Shae says:

Welcome back to internet!

I find the blogosphere quite overwhelming at times. TG for twitter because I feel like I can just dip in as much as I want and sort of keep up

Shae, I did cheat a little while I was away and checked twitter and Facebook on my phone…but not the same as full Internet connectivity (alas I do not yet have a fancy smartphone!) And you’re right, Twitter is nice, it can be managed and you can come and go as you please. I just need to find a little balance between writing posts, reading and commenting on blogs and feeding my growing social media addiction!

3. I know I only just scraped in in time last night with my things I know post. I know I agree with you that it is hard keeping up with everyone’s blogs, but it’s fun trying. 😉

Haha, glad I’m not the only one late to the party! And it is heaps of fun catching up with everyone’s blogs, there are just so many out there (and so many good ones!) that I seem to always be chasing my tail keeping up. Thanks for coming by, I look forward to checking out your blog too!

4. keeping up is hard. I just spent the whole weekend reading and commenting on all the posts in fybf and now I’m working through things I know. Usually I am too busy to read any of them so I’ve been a bad linkyer. I think it’s impossible to do everything all the time. I am trying to work on a schedule that gives me time for writing, reading, commenting and life. hah! I’ll let you know when I have it sorted.

Good on you for taking the time to read them all! I gave up on commenting on all of them – being the smart chick that I am I decided to link up to 3 link-ups this weekend (really thought that one through, didn’t I?) So I selected 5 or 6 from each one and tried to leave some quality comments instead.

Obviously I would be very interested in a schedule that allowed me to do it all, but, apart from cloning me a few times, I don’t like my chances! You would make an absolute fortune if you could make it happen for yourself, though. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

5. Sara says:

I just linked up… almost 3 days late… and I’ve got no idea what half the stuff out there in the blogosphere is all about…

Oh Sara, I’m so glad I’m not the only one struggling with it all! Thanks for coming by – I will take the time later today to come on over and visit your blog, just need to get these kids off to school first!!!!!