Things I Know

Things I know this week:

• My parents-in-law are awesome – they are having the kids for the WHOLE day tomorrow so I can accompany my husband to Supanova in Sydney!
  • I will not know most of the people at Supanova but it won’t matter as I will have an entire day alone with my husband (even if my street cred is totally destroyed by my presence there…)
  • I should spend more time cleaning my house – it really is getting pretty rancid at the moment – but with monster Miss 1 continually on the rampage, it wouldn’t make any difference anyway (well that’s what I keep telling myself…)
  • Master 7 unexpectedly showed some empathy for another student today – the first thing he asked when he got to school was if the student was there as he had been off all week – awesome moment!
  • Miss 5 did well accepting the disappointment of missing out on 2 excursions AND her first ever sports carnival this week (stupid wind and rain…glad to have seen the back of you now!)

I’m taking the plunge and joining in a meme today, for the very first time!  Come by Yay For Home and have a look at the other Things I Know posts…we all seem to know an awful lot!

1. Shae says:

ooh I feel special that you chose my meme to join first!

Yay for inlaws who look after the kids 😀

• admin says:

I’ve been meaning to link up for a few weeks now but never quite got my act together – but now I am a meme virgin no more! Thanks for coming by and commenting, very much appreciated!

2. Dorothy says:

Well done for taking the plunge and joining in!

It’s great when they show signs of caring about others, isn’t it?

What is Supanova? I am obviously incredibly uncool not to know…

• admin says:

Thanks Dorothy, I have been wanting to join in for some time and today was finally the day! Supanova is a pop-culture convention (think Star Wars, comics, sci-fi, nerds, geeks) so you are not uncool to know…I suspect I’m far more uncooler for going! Thanks for stopping by!

3. Yay for the inlaws!!

And awww to master 7, those moments are so precious as a parent.

4. Grace says:

Yay for in-laws and double yay for joining in the linky love at Shae’s 🙂
    I’m a little behind with my TIK this week but loved checking out yours. Have a great weekend !

• admin says:

Hi Grace, thanks for stopping by! My in-laws are fantastic, they are our rock and I am very lucky to have them. Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

5. katepickle says:

Ooh a day out… you are lucky!!! Big Yay for your inlaws! And ignore your messy house… it will make me feel better about ignoring mine LOL

• admin says:

Hi Kate, ended up having a great day out, will be posting about it very soon…plus will atone for my fun by doing some much-needed housework tomorrow (some things do need to be done, however hard I put them off!)

6. Fabulous that you have such great in-laws.

Sometimes I wonder if cleaning up after my children would make a difference.. kind of like “shovelling snow in a blizzard” don’t you think?!

• admin says:

I know! I should clean up more, but there is really nothing more demoralising than seeing your hard work undone in minutes…having said that I am on a mission to do some serious housework tomorrow, so we’ll see how I go!

7. nellbe says:

It was my first time for the meme too. I have a fabulous MIL too so I know how great that is. Hope you had a great time at Supernova. I had no clue what it was either!

• admin says:

Thanks for visiting Nellbe – I did have a great time today, will be posting about it soon with some pictures (there were quite a few people there in costumes…it was certainly an interesting day!)