Things I Know
Things I know this week:
* I am quite spectacularly inept at building and maintaining our wood fire – heaven help me and my tribe mates if I ever appeared on Survivor!
* Miss 5 is above average in all areas tested by the school counsellor – so I know she has above average intelligence for her age – but I am still no closer to knowing why things just don’t feel right with her…
* Miss 1 now has the ability to walk on her own – but most of the time she just chooses not to. We’ll have to see whether the absolutely rocking pair of pink shoes I bought her today will nudge her along!
* Despite knowing better, I still try to reason with Master 7 when he is in full meltdown – why do I do this, when I know there is no point in reasoning to an overwrought child?
* I desperately need a holiday but will not be having one anytime soon. I have the misfortune of working in a finance area at the end of the financial year and with the prospect of tax time looming on the horizon. So no happy EOFYS for me, I’m afraid!
I had so much fun talking about the things I know last week that I am having another go this week. Pop on over to Yay for Home and peruse all the other fabulous Things I Know posts.
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.