5 Things That Inspire Me

I have decided my word of the month will be “inspire”. I am ready to be inspired and to inspire others…not quite sure how this will happen just yet but I guess I have a month to work it out!

Inspiration can come from many places – for me, it usually comes amidst the chaos of my mornings where I am racing to get myself and my three kids out the door. Quite ironically, at the one time of the day I cannot take the time to write things down, I get the best ideas for my blogs – figure that one out!

So, to celebrate my word of the month “inspire”, I thought I would share 5 things that inspire me.

1. Open fires – it is cold here at the moment and I have been enjoying beautiful wood fires in my fireplace. I love the warmth of the fire, I love watching the flames flicker all over the place and I love the smell of woodsmoke that comes with it. I remember the comfort that a real fire gave me when I was small so, in a way, I am getting the comfortable memories of my childhood every night that we light a beautiful wood fire.

2. My son – he inspires me in so many ways. His determination to do things despite his vision impairment and his autism is extraordinary. He is learning the piano and learning to swim, he is drawing and illustrating his own books (he has a mini-series called “Wick” about a dog with superhero powers!) and he loves reading and drawing his own comics. Just seeing him meet all the challenges that life has thrown at him inspires me.

3. Mornings – as I mentioned earlier, I am inspired in the mornings. I’m not sure whether my brain concocts these ideas before I go to work so I have some time to reflect on them before they are replaced by work tasks or whether it is my way of coping with our regimented morning routine. I don’t really know. All I know is that the morning are a fertile time for my mind and I am trying to make the most of it!

4. Music – I love music. Each morning, after I have deposited the kids to their respective schools/daycare I listen to my ipod on my way to work. I need to collect myself as I make the transition each morning from frazzled mother to cool, calm and collected worker ( I wish!).  Music has always inspired me and I also find it a source of comfort and calm while in the whirlwind of my life.

5. Myself – it sounds corny, but I am the reason I want to be a better mum, wife, worker, blogger, etc. I try and inspire myself everyday to do better, try new things, go out my comfort zone. It doesn’t always work out and there are some days I wish I could just give up and curl up into the foetal position. But my pride in myself, my need to continue on and be the best version of myself that I can be keeps me from packing it all in. So, yes, I am proud to say that I do inspire myself everyday.

So there you have it – 5 things that inspire me. I hope you have some time this month to reflect on the things that inspire you.  You may be surprised at yourself!

1. Amy says:

I agree with the fire, my kids and music. Mornings are not so inspirational around here – rather I find myself seeking inspiration amidst the absolute chaos and self? Well – I am on a mission now to look at myself for inspiration. Thanks for the celebratory thoughts and optimism.

• admin says:

Thanks for taking the time to read this Amy – I am trying to be more optimistic. I find it too easy to get bogged down in the negatives (I’ve been there, want to do something new now!) Trying to find a more positive view on things!

2. Hello Kirsty. Great day 2 post! Different people find inspiration in different ways, but I think most people would agree with you on the music point. Everyone likes music one way or another. As for me, I also love mornings and I also get inspired by myself.
    Sheedia | InspirU CooCoo recently posted..Blue bee love

• admin says:

Thanks for the comment Sheedia! I hope you are enjoying the challenge so far – I am, but feel like I am being swamped a little already! Hoping to keep up with things and looking forward to sharing ideas and feedback with you and the other members of our group. Off to check out more blogs now…!!!!

3. pat sloan says:

I like your list idea of 5 things that inspire me, it made me think! So nice to meet you during the 31 days!

• admin says:

Hi Pat, thanks for taking the time to read my post AND leave a comment! I have a feeling this challenge will really help us all along in our blogs, not just in content and marketing, but in making contacts and going out of our comfort zone. Thanks so much for visiting!

4. She'sWrite says:

Good list post! I like how you incorporated the list task into your theme of the month. Very … inspiring. 🙂 My fave is No. 5. It’s great to inspire ourselves, that means that we always have a source of inspiration with us, ya know? 🙂
    She’sWrite recently posted..Reveling In My Land Of Nod

• admin says:

I do try to stay positive so I thought I should make June an “inspiring” month while I tackle the #31DTBBB challenge! And I do believe in myself as inspiration – if you don’t believe in yourself, who or what else can inspire you????

5. Lisa says:

I enjoyed this list, and boy can I relate to getting my best ideas when I have no pen/paper handy.
    Lisa recently posted..My favorite time of the month…OLW Blog Hop!

• admin says:

Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment, Lisa. Yes, quite ironic to get ideas just when you can least action them…story of my life really! Off to check your blog now, thanks again for visiting!

6. Great post! I can’t believe mornings inspire you… I’m lucky to have my eyes open.

Visiting from the Rewind.

Haha! The bitter irony of the whole being inspired in the morning thing, is it’s literally the only time of the day I can’t act on it. It’s like my brain is deliberately teasing me…how sad! Thanks for taking the time to come by!